Episcopal Church of the Epiphany
This Congregation needed 5000 to 6000 additional square footage for a new Chapel and Classrooms on an existing site. Constructed in 1957, the original modernist inspired building by Fehr and Granger sat on the Southwest corner of a two-block lot.
Our new site plan was organized around a central courtyard where Church celebrations and gatherings can occur. The new buildings take construction cues from the original building, and wrapped limestone cladding onto the interior in order to denote additional importance for some spaces.
The Classrooms are in a bar configuration to allow for future expansion while the Chapel has a faceted, vaulted and soaring geometry replete with skylight.